Tuesday 15 September 2009

Buggyfit

On saturday I attended a training so I am able to teach buggyfit, which is a safe postnatal exercise class, involving power walking and strength training. I am so excited about running these classes. It has been a long time since I was an aerobics instructor but on Saturday I realised how much I enjoy teaching exercise classes. I am planning to start with 2 classes; Monday in Market Bosworth and Wednesday in Hinckley Hollycroft park. These classes are run with new mums in mind so we focus on rebalancing the body after birth, and protecting the back which is a particular area of weakness in new mums. Mums need to have seen their GP for a 6 week check and fill in the health screening questionaire which can be found http://willowtreemidwifery.homestead.com/page05.html along with all other information for the class. Although the class is aimed at new mums mums with older kids in buggys are also welcome and I know of a couple of childminders who are interested in attending too. We do ask that all children are in buggys as the walking pace is quite fast and a child will struggle to keep up. We also ask that mums don't use buggy boards during the class as we focus on good posture and unfortunately buggyboards don't help this.

Now i need to spread the word!!

No comments:

Post a Comment